A P R I L Cigarette Tax,..Who is quitting????

I told hubby to quit. He has quit before, but he always falls off the wagon
tongue.png

B. Saffles Farms :

Quote:
Ditto. I dont think its right to tax alcohol, and tobbaco at a higher rate than anything else, just because our law makers thinks its wrong. I dont drink or smoke so the taxes dont effect me, but just wait they will try to stop obbesity(sp) by taxing junk food, sweets and soft drinks, and etc... because the law makers say that its bad for us. It wont stop. But thats just my .2cents.
smile.png

I understand what both of you are saying. The government has their nose in everything we do. We have no freedom to really choose for ourselves much anymore. I could go on for hours about what they tell us we HAVE to do, but I am just curious how many will put the cigarettes down or will they pay the big tax and keep smoking. I have many friends who are in the process of quitting, which I think is great. I haven't met nobody as of yet that says it doesn't matter to them and they will pay the high prices. Of course their is always the Indian reservation cigarettes. No Taxes there. I used to order mine from NY online. It was the cheap route.​

I am a smoker and have been for a very long time. I have tried to quit before..I quit while I was pregnant both times but as soon as hard times hit me again I found myself back to ciggs. I dont smoke as much as I use to since now I only smoke outside away from my kids so I find myself smoking less and less. I would love to quit! Some people just tell me to QUIT but people who dont smoke or havent smoked before do not understand how hard it is to quit smoking. The cigg taxs has hurt me smoking big time. Malboro is $40 or more a carton. $5 or more for a pack. It's so out of hand! I'd rather quit then spend $300 on ciggs.

how long have you smoked? I smoked for 13 years at 2 packs a day, loved it loved smoking etc..

i quit on wellbutrin, i know exactly how you feel, it also dont help when you or
your family raises tobacco,

I smoked for 20 years or more. I lived,ate, and breathed those cigarettes. I would walk miles for a pack if I had none. I also smoked nearly 2 packs a day. I tryed to quit several times and never could do it. Then my dad who had smoked since he was a child, just up and quit. That was it,,he was done. I was soooo amazed at what he had done and knew if he could do it, I could too. I never could quit until I was ready. It is as much mental as it is physical. You will never be able to quit till you get it in your head that it is what you want to do. It took me months to convince myself, but I did. Also I used the patches and went through the whole program. (Nico-derm CQ) It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be either. If I can do it, anyone can do it. You can too Teresaann, you just have to wrap that mind around it and quit using them as a crutch. There is better ways of dealing with things than smoking a cigarette. Off my soap box now.

yea its defintly in the head the wellburin helped but when it came time to quit you still need the want to. wellbutrin only does so much but you can do it

I have been smoking for only about 8 years. Since I was 16 years old.

I started smoking after my dad died, It just was and still is an escape for me. It makes me feel better...calms me and gets me ready for life again. I know that sounds silly but it is so true I cannot start a day without one. I get up put on a cup of coffee make breakfest for the kids. While they are eating I sneak out for a cigg and a hot cup of coffee. Its hard...Its even harder when you are around ALOT of smokers.

i started when i was 13, and my old man left me and mom, like you i had 1 good reason to start but have 2 better reasons {kids} to quit.
all the side effects you get from smoking youll find you dont need smoking for,
the jittery feeling you get does go away in a few days.

I have smoked since I was around 15, so over 20 yrs. I now smoke 2 packs a day everyday. I want to quit but always crack and give in to the temptation. I guess this has jump started my quiting, since my husband quit 2 years ago no problem he says he will not buy me anymore cigs with the price increase. though I only smoke the cheap ones $20 or less a carton 3 weeks ago they went up to $27 and today they jumped another $7. that will be almost $40 every 5 days just to smoke, lol. I can think of alot of other stuff we need alot more then I need to smoke. So when this carton is gone I will have to bit the bullet and try my hardest to quit. I am hoping and praying for the will to do this! I guess in that way this tax is a good thing if it helps people quit smoking, however I can't see it raising more money since so many people will have to quit they will probably lose money in the long run.

Yes being around other smokers can be a problem, but you have to work around that. That used to be my favorite excuse. You will figure it out when you get ready.

Back
Top Bottom