A picture to share

Quote:
I think that this is completely laudable. Shielding kids from the consequences of living is often a recipe for later disasters. A farmer I know sells meat and sheepskins at the local farmers market, and she has had people ask her how they get the hair on the backing, how they get the meat from the animal while it is still alive, and other questions that really prove how completely disconnected people are from their food supply.

While I wouldn't have a kid that age around for butchering, I definitely support and want to see kids get the clue about how meat comes to their table. Besides, animals of any type are a fabulous way for kids to learn kindness and empathy--which is something in desperate short supply these days.
hmm.png

Quote:
I think that this is completely laudable. Shielding kids from the consequences of living is often a recipe for later disasters. A farmer I know sells meat and sheepskins at the local farmers market, and she has had people ask her how they get the hair on the backing, how they get the meat from the animal while it is still alive, and other questions that really prove how completely disconnected people are from their food supply.

While I wouldn't have a kid that age around for butchering, I definitely support and want to see kids get the clue about how meat comes to their table. Besides, animals of any type are a fabulous way for kids to learn kindness and empathy--which is something in desperate short supply these days.
hmm.png

I don't even know what to say to that! Seriously, people asked how they get the meat from the animal while it is still alive??! WOW!!

Back
Top Bottom