A Pink and White egg?

Apples

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 4, 2012
At My Farm!
Today I saw a Pink and white egg! It looks like white speckles. I will post a pic of the egg later.
smile.png

Mine too, I am glad you said so because they are new to me and i couldn't figure out who was who's.

I found this thread when searching for this color of egg. :) My BR lays more pale-brown eggs, oddly enough, but I have a Silver Laced Wyandotte who lays the most beautiful pale pink eggs with fine, regularly spaced white speckles all over the egg. They are GORGEOUS.

As a sidenote, and the reason I'm posting: I found a way to get close-up macro-like pictures of my girls' eggs with my cell phone. I bought a jeweler's loupe from Amazon (it doesn't need to be a high-end one, just a cheap-o 4x one works great -- I paid about 5 bucks) and you hold it against the phone, right over the camera lens, then just hold the egg and move it close to the loupe (it'll be nearly touching) and then just move it back and forward until the focus is where you want it to be, then snap the picture. My phone even has a macro mode so it doesn't try to auto-focus.

Here's one of the pics of the eggs I was describing, from my Wyandotte; click for larger pic.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom