purple pink eggs

pam buske

Chirping
Jul 7, 2023
I think it is my buff orpington that is laying the purple pink egg. Can someone tell me would an orpington lay this color egg? both my buff were laying beige eggs and every now and then I get the colored egg.
IMG_3027.jpeg

Still be proud of your egg. If you wash a Maran egg, yes the bloom comes off and it will be a different color. If you have an egg with a pretty bloom take many pictures and with many eggs, they will help your unusual egg pop.
Below I have a purple egg, yes it is just the bloom on a maran egg, but I didn't get any more with that color bloom. I wish I took more picks.
$cz.PNG

Pretty much all my current brown egg layers are laying pink/plum colored eggs. It's just brown with a heavy bloom.

What are all your breeds?
2 buff orpington, 2 ameraucana, 2 starlight, 2 golden comets, 1 ISA. My ISA is a lap chicken when I go out and sit she will come up and jump up in my lap or somewhere on the chair.

Still be proud of your egg. If you wash a Maran egg, yes the bloom comes off and it will be a different color. If you have an egg with a pretty bloom take many pictures and with many eggs, they will help your unusual egg pop.
Below I have a purple egg, yes it is just the bloom on a maran egg, but I didn't get any more with that color bloom. I wish I took more picks.
View attachment 3728735
so if i wash it, it will go back to beige color?

Back
Top Bottom