A pip on day 18???

@LynnaePB one more question. If it hatches tonight (and clearly earlier than the others) I should I just peek in and make sure ok and let mama do the rest right? She is in a secluded area of the coop so no other chickens can get to her.
You can peek if you want tonight, shouldn't hurt anything. I'm sure mama can handle it though. You'll have to watch that the mom doesn't leave the other eggs once this one hatches though. You might want to set up a quick brooder and keep it inside until the others hatch so she doesn't leave, and then reintroduce it once most are hatched. Put it under at night. She should accept it.

Attachments

• B62E6DEB-394F-4132-99CF-86A10D328122.png
    B62E6DEB-394F-4132-99CF-86A10D328122.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 41
@MGG @OneHappyRooster @LynnaePB
The other chicks are hatching today but I am worried about mama. She has been sitting since the first hatched and it is currently 95. If I put a fan on her will that be too cold on the chicks? I have been trying to give her some frozen blueberries and dip her beak in water but I think it is more stressful with me there because babies are currently hatching. Help I am worried about her. The little baby just started drinking and eating today

Back
Top Bottom