A pip on day 18???

@MGG @OneHappyRooster @LynnaePB
The other chicks are hatching today but I am worried about mama. She has been sitting since the first hatched and it is currently 95. If I put a fan on her will that be too cold on the chicks? I have been trying to give her some frozen blueberries and dip her beak in water but I think it is more stressful with me there because babies are currently hatching. Help I am worried about her. The little baby just started drinking and eating today
It was 100 here the other day and my broody was just fine. I think you've done just fine. Don't bother her too much. Just make sure she has water accesible. A fan will draft them too much I think.

Good job with the water & frozen blueberries.
I'd not worry too much either. She should be ok provided the water is kept cool.
Sorry for all the questions. Two more were pipped tonight and I think the last egg is a dud. She has not been up since Monday morning. When is it ok to get her up to poop? I imagine she can’t leave the newly hatched for long?? Thank you !!!

Sorry for all the questions. Two more were pipped tonight and I think the last egg is a dud. She has not been up since Monday morning. When is it ok to get her up to poop? I imagine she can’t leave the newly hatched for long?? Thank you !!!
Ok I will hang onto them and keep them warm while she does her thing!! thank you!

Plus it's an excuse for a free chick cuddle.
How is she doing now?
She is doing great. Had a little dust bath and gross poop and went right back to babies. Ate some scrambled eggs. She still seems really hot. It is 90 here :(. I don’t know how to cool her. She is still sitting on the more recent hatchlings and a few others are wandering a bit more pecking at food and drinking.

Back
Top Bottom