• With my hand

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • With my foot

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Other (???!!!!)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
hmm.png
Well I'm more clueless than I ever suspected! I never realized that women flushed toilets with their feet!!
Why not just a piece of toilet tissue in your hand to start the flush and then throw it in as the flush starts??? I find it NUTS that most bathroom doors have handles that you have to grab and pull in AFTER you've just washed your hands...yuck. IMO all doors like that should be push so you can use your shoulder or elbow.

Depends. If the bathroom is grody looking, I will use my foot...and I wash my hands because they have come into proximity with my private lady parts and the toilet seat structure. If the bathroom is beautifully clean, I will flush with my hand and still proceed to wash.

But I LOVE automatic toilets, soap, sink, and towels!

How many of you stand UP to use the bathroom in public toilets? This is one of my major pet peeves....if you must stand for fear of your skin touching toilet seat, please remember to wipe off your tinkle patterns!!!!
rant.gif
Some of us feel there is no risk on sitting down if one doesn't have open lesions/sores on the parts touching the toilet seat....and some of us just DON'T care enough to actually stand up to pee and poop.

As a nurse of 18 years I've never seen one case of confirmed cooch cooties or STD contracted from a public toilet.....
roll.png

Foot, and I'm really irritated when public toilets have home toilet handles.
sickbyc.gif
. Eeeeewwwww, hate to touch those. But then I've just got my 5 and 6 year old bathroom etiquette trained, so you know I've dealt with enough nasty stuff in last few years that one toilet handle seems kind of silly to worry about. But I do. Foot reign supreme!
bun.gif

Definately foot. And I juse toilet tissue to open the stall door, wash my hands, and use paper towel to open the bathroom door. If there is no trash receptacle by the door, it goes on the floor.

I flush with my hand and use toilet paper as a barrier between me and the button/handle. About half the time those auto flush toilets flush too soon and then when I want it to flush.... it won't.
roll.png

I also think it should be a rule for the squatters that if you tinkle on the seat .... wipe it up!!!

Roundhouse kicking usually works. *pakyow!* Unless one has a broken toe of course; in which case it can be rather painful. Not that I've ever done such a thing. Not at all.

Oh, wait. I'm not a woman. Sorry.
hide.gif

Germs are everywhere. I flush the toilet with my hand and I wash my hands afterwards. I do not use the hand blower to dry my hands.

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/20040623/germs-theyre-everywhere

Among his survey's findings:

* 64% think public restroom doorknobs have more germs than a typical ATM but a typical ATM has been proven to have more germs because of the number of dirty hands that touch each of these items.
* 75% think the toilet seats in fast food restaurants have the most germs -- but airplane toilet seats are worse.
* 76% assumed that Port-A-Potties were off-the-chart germ wise -- but picnic tables actually have more germs.

I thought this was interesting, as well.....
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=1213831&page=1

Gerba defines a sanitary surface as something clean enough to eat off of, with no more than 1,000 bacteria per square inch. The toilet seat passed that test, but "20/20" reporter Don Dahler's desk failed.

Still, it will be hard for most people to accept the conclusions shown by the data.

"No matter how often you hear that, you know, it's safer to eat your turkey wrap off the toilet seat than your desktop at work, you're just not going to believe it," said Janse.

Back
Top Bottom