A "Poopy" Problem --Slight Update--

Chickaroo!

Songster
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
What in the world is wrong with my 4 hens?!
They're at least 1 1/2 yrs. old, I don't let them free range, I clean their coop daily and run about every other day, I spread food grade DE, they get fresh water(daily) sometimes with 1T. ACV or 1t. of Avaia Charge and I've cut out treats for the past 2 weeks, only feeding them their layer crumble that I get from Tractor Supply and they STILL have either runny or applesauce consisitancy poo!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif
I took samples of each hens poo to the vet to be tested and the results were no parasites found in any of it!
he.gif
This morning one of them drank water then about 2min. later, threw it up and ate it back off the ground!
rant.gif
I'm so frustrated. Am I the only chicken owner that has what seems problem after problem!! I have The Chicken Health Handbook and many other chicken books, and I have read them, but I'm still having issues!!! Please help before I go insane!!!!!
th.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Slight Update*
Well, I changed my girls water to just plain water as of yesterday and today I made up the rice, hard boiled egg, organic yogurt mixture. When I put it out for them they immediately attacked it!! It was cute to see all the rice stuck to their little faces! Hopefully this will eventually take care of their poo problems
smile.png

Last edited:
Try cooking some white rice, chopping some boiled eggs and mixing in some raw oatmeal. See if that tightens them up. In a couple days give them some organic live culture yogurt to help replace some of the flora and fauna that is washing out with runny poop. Only give them plain water until you get things more firm.

Editing to add, give them the yogurt mixed with some rice and cooked egg.

Last edited:
Thanks MissPrissy. At this point, I'll try anything!
big_smile.png

For how long should I give them the rice mixture? This is probably a really stupid question and you'll probably think
smack.gif
, but...I should still leave out their reg. food, right?

Back
Top Bottom