A question for the men

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
What first attracted you to your wife/girlfriend/significant other? Was it her looks? Her personality? Her intelligence? What made her stand out of the crowd and catch your eye? If you are married, what has kept your eye? Is it the same thing or has something else become more important?

(No particular reason for this question, by the way. As a single woman I always just wonder. I'm pretty sure what my female friends would answer is not at all what men would answer.)

smile.png

CityGirl, since my hubby isn't on the forum, I'll be very happy to supply his answer. He was attracted to my incredible looks, fabulous sense of humor, charming feminity and complete devotion to his happiness.(*)

* only the last part is true...

hmmm.... this thread made me wonder what my DH would say, so I'm gonna ask him.

Of the two men I have loved -- it was their voices that first attracted me. Hearing them for the first time was like being hit by lightning.

Mine said I was "cute". I was also very thin back then, been together almost 16 years, married almost 15. Having problems right now but hoping for the best. He was too shy and I had to ask him to lunch. Then he asked me to dinner. Our first date, the one with lunch, I had my 4 year old daughter with me. She was home with an ear infection. I figured if he went on a "date" when she was with me he was a keeper, and I guess he was!

My wife treats me like gold and loves me to death (god only know why). At first I thought...do i really want to be with someone who wants to be with me?...and then after a few years she wore me down (I had been married ten years before). I think my wife would kill for me if I asked her. I find that very attractive.

I'm immature and can be difficult to live with. She doesn't seem to mind that. That makes her a keeper in my book. She is awesome!

Everything.

I mean everything. Her sense of humor, her beauty, her love for others, how she liked pretty much everything that I do, how great of a cook she is, etc., etc., etc.

Oh, all the above and the fact that she didn't run away screaming when she first met me.

Back
Top Bottom