A question for the men

I was perfectly content until Anne's younger sister told me that I should call Anne. I called her and invited her to the I.U. / Purdue football game with the suggestion of getting a motel room for the night before since it was out of town. She hung up on me.
I called her back a week later and took her to an opera and dinner. Then she beat me in a game of chess. That was all the last week of November, 1964. I didn't see her until Christmas because of a death in my family. We got engaged the first week of January, 1965, had an arguement, broke up, engaged again a week later, and married February 6, 1965. I still haven't figured out what happened to me that month, even with 43 years to ponder it. It's been hell at times, and she hasn't always been easy to live with, but I've always been a saint and easy to live with.

Oh, BTW, my son, Rex, is in the picture too; you just can't see him.
9574_joeannebryant.jpg

Last edited:
BF and I have been living together for 5 years. It ain't marriage, but it works. He says he stays with me because I scare him. I'm pretty sure it was only a half joke.

DH and I dated in high school on and off after being set up on a blind date at 16 and then when we were both 18 he took me out to dinner on Christmas Eve and proposed to me, out of the blue.

We hadn't really ever talked about getting married before, but I always just seemed to know he was `the one`. I guess he felt the same way. Plus I figured if he had enough guts to go to my parents and ask their permission first, then he would pass any other test I could give him. There was no drama in our relationship and I don't do the mind games thing, so guess thats all it took. That and the fact that I was the only girl that would go hang out at the garage with him while he worked on his race car, instead of insisting on going to the movies and whatnot lol.

He has a great sense of humor, very laid back and none of that disgusting egotism some men have. I have no clue why he chose to marry me, he isn't a big talker of feelings or maybe I never asked. I know it wasn't for my model looks or tons of money...neither one existed lol. We have been married just over 19 yrs.

Last edited:
My wife and I were next door neighbors when we were born. She was probably the first female outside of family I ever laid my eyes on. LOL Married when she was 21 and I was 20. Dec 5 this year will be 21 years, I couldn't say what attracted me to her to begin with, but I will tell you she's the best thing to ever happen to me!
Brad

Quote:
There's a lot to be said for good old fashioned, friendly, respectful companionships where there is never a power struggle.

My wife and I have alot in common, we don't smoke, don't do precription drugs or drink alcohol for recreation. She is ten years younger, beautiful, intelligent and still has alot of the basic knowledge which many have lost in todays modern society, what I mean is her knowledge of gardening, fruit trees, health, butchering animals & fish and cooking, sewing and natural remedies. She speaks at least 4 languages, we like to travel having a home in California and China.

I'm female, but the first thing that attracted me to my SO was the fact that he just didn't make sense. He was different and I wanted to figure it out!!!!
tongue.png

Plus, he didn't believe that there were fish in Drumheller Fountain on the UW campus. And there were.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom