A Random Flock Photo Shoot

Tevyes Dad

Leader of the Quack
8 Years
Apr 22, 2014
Yesterday I went out and spent some time with the flock and took some pictures. Gave them a pool. Then took more pictures. There are also a couple from last weekend. Some ducks didn't give me any nice pictures, so they arent represented. Only continue if you want to see some random pictures of someone else's ducks
roll.png
. Also feel free to follow this up with your own random pictures of your own ducks. No contest, nothing to win, but.... Ducks. Hope you enjoy.
big_smile.png

Tag @Julie Bird

Dove got herself a matching set of Rouen Bookends:

Ettie in her fluffy duckling pose:

Dove coming at you:

Noir just checking you out:

Entie wings fully deployed:

Mystique walking by:

Entie... IN Your FACE!

Noir: Look, I'm Uncle Tevye...

Ettie shows how to use her feeder:

Kaine in: Karate Kid meets Kung Fu Panda

Rhiannon - Showing off her speculum feathers:

Pocahontas:

Greta:

My boys, Tevye & Kaine - Just lookin' good for the girls
wink.png

(Definitely view this one full size, I think it is the best picture I have ever taken of Kaine.)

And of course... Tevye wishing he were an airplane...

and Tevye posing cute.

The last thing I ever expected was to find such humor, fulfillment, well being, peace and a little bit of saddness all rolled up into one cute little package. Best stress relief I've ever found. Hard day at work - get home and go out back with the "kids". Sit and watch for 10 to 15 minutes and WHA-LA stress is gone! Spouse / cohort in crime / partner getting you down? out back with the "kids" for 10 to 15 minutes and ZOWEE! It's all better! Tired of the same ol crud on TV? Go out back with the "kids" and a cup full of meal worms and that right there is heaps of fun just watching and facilitating the feeding frenzy!! Best invention ever. I wish I would have known about these little gems 15 years ago. I'd have a lot less gray!!!!

Troy & Tina

great pics of the flock. i just totally adore Tevyne he is so handsome. Thanks for sharing their pics.

love.gif

This was the morning that crows and ravens were mobbing a couple of large hawks. At the same time, little Rowena (see her there in the swim pan?) made her first dive into the pan all by herself.

love.gif

This was the morning that crows and ravens were mobbing a couple of large hawks. At the same time, little Rowena (see her there in the swim pan?) made her first dive into the pan all by herself.
Yay crows and ravens! This is not a good place for you hawks! We have Western Ravens (the largest member of the crow family) and Magpies (the prettiest member - I think- of the crow family). The magpies go after the ducks' food if they get too messy, but they can't operate the feeder so they don't get too much. For a couple days we have had a CD hang near where the ducks' food is and so far, no more magpies.

The crows are our allies. We know they might go for eggs if the opportunity arose, but I must say, these crows have not - I even left an egg out in plain sight for weeks - no one even moved it.

Ravens are much less common here, and so it felt like a holy moment when I heard their unmistakable voices.

No magpies here that I've ever seen. Plenty of blue jays, though, speaking of crow family.

I greet the crows daily and say thank you to them. They and the jays are an important communications network that helps keep the flock safe. When I am walking the ducks around the yard, their calls alert me to get everyone to cover.

And the Buffs actually listen to the crows better than they listen to me!

Back
Top Bottom