A reminder to take precautions when farming

OM freakin G, How sad, that poor family...
hit.gif
Things like this really get to me. That poor mother/grandmother.
Please extend our sympathies Malplesky.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your loss.

People please remember:

Gases, whether in a hog operation, silo, manure pit, or some other aspect of the farm needs to be treated with respect. They are deadly and there are precautions that should be taken before entering an area of concern. We blow the silos out using the blower anytime we are filling the silo and have to go in it. The gases are there for several weeks after the silo is filled as the stuff forments.

Please becareful around equipment too. Remember to shut off PTO's before doing any work and shutting down the tractor is a lot more reliable way to make sure the equipment doesn't start up again. I know someone who lost part of his arm working on a round baler. He is lucky the people next to the field were outside and heard his cries for help or he would have bleed to death. You can bet he wishes he shut things down!

Use caution around the animals as you never know what they are going to do.

Farming is high on the list for injuries and death in the work place!

There was a 3rd son who was not there as well, the middle child. And a cousin who farms with them was not there either.

The obit said for the son that he died during a tragic farming accident with his father in his arms. That speaks volumes of love.

He also had just asked his girlfriend's parents for her hand in marriage but had not popped the question to her yet. They found the ring on the top drawer and had the girlfriend come in to his room and opened the drawer so she could see what he had for her.

My mom has been very emotional. The whole little community has been rocked by this. They were members of my church. Just a really nice and involved family with hs band and holsteins...

Thank you for your prayers and sentiment. And thank you so much for the words of advice heading on caution while we farm.

Makes you want to go hug a loved one doesn't it?

me,
g

Back
Top Bottom