A Roo and his Yak

YakLady

Songster
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
Detroit area
As some of you know, I rescued a Silkie Roo a few weeks ago. He had been abandoned on a dirt road and was living at the end of a woman's driveway for four days. She knew I had chickens, so she asked me to come get him. I can't believe the little guy survived for four days out there! Hubby and I caught him, brought him home, slowly introduced him to the flock, and fell in love. His name is Fricken, and he's the best little pet. LOL! Never thought I'd actually have a pet chicken. He comes to me when I call him, hops up onto my arm, sits on my lap, and makes little happy sounds when he's being pet. My big roo, Jarhead, still doesn't like him much. He tolerates him, though, as long as Fricken doesn't get too close. My little bottle-fed yak steer, Bayak Obama, and Fricken have become buddies. It cracks me up how they always hang out together. They even lie down and snuggle up to each other to take naps. Here are a couple of pics.

36285_pa010314.jpg

36285_pa010313.jpg

that's silly.
tongue.png

...and what does on do with a yak? I mean is it your lawn mower or is it raised for meat? just curious.

I think it's sweet they are buddies.

Back
Top Bottom