A rooster attacked my chicken.. medicine?

chickens45

Chirping
May 4, 2020
The neighbor across the road had roosters that got loose. I didn’t know it and let mine out of their run to enjoy the day. I guess their grandson had brought some roosters over there last night and took off and they got loose.

I heard a huge noise and saw a big white rooster chasing my babies. Two got away but the rooster pecked several feathers from Clarence and it has left a hole On his side near his tail feathers

I’m not sure if it’s just the missing feathers or if it actually bit him..he won’t let me come near him he’s still skittish, but doesn’t act hurt or in pain.

We had to chase the rooster with a broom as it was chasing Clarence and we had to whack it hard.. thankfully it left after that and we were able to put my babies back up before it came poking over again.

It also attacked one of their other roosters and about killed it :/ they finally have them put up again

should I put any sort of medicine on Clarence? Or do they just like to be left alone? It’s not a real bad injury but I’m still worried. What type of medicine should i use if he needs any?

I usually use bluekote on wounds. You can just leave it too. Chickens are pretty good at healing up without intervention. The bluekote will help hide any blood and discourage others from pecking at the wound.

Can you post pictures of the injuries?
I can try but can’t seem to get very close .. maybe when he calms down some he’ll let me get closer, poor little thing is tough

He’s my problem child.. always active and into everything.. of course he’d be the one to get hurt lol

I can try but can’t seem to get very close .. maybe when he calms down some he’ll let me get closer, poor little thing is tough

He’s my problem child.. always active and into everything.. of course he’d be the one to get hurt lol
Had a cat attack one of chickens, I brought it inside and rinsed the wound out good then applied Neosporin, she is fine now 😊

Back
Top Bottom