A rousing game of: "What Breed Am I?" Anyone care to wage a guess?

chicken_china_mom

Crazy for Cochins
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Tab, Indiana
I have two beautiful girls, Twinkle and Sprinkle, that I was told were Araucaunas, but I'm not 100% sure they are. I received them as 8 week old chicks last Spring and they still had no real combs in or anything. What I did notice right away is their green legs. I was told they would lay blue eggs, and I held out hope that they would. Well, they are finally laying, and unless I am completely color blind, pink is NOT blue. Also, as the girls developed, one grew in a pea comb, and the other a short straight comb. They are suppose to be clutchmates. Their coloring is beautiful, and they are basically good girls, a little flighty, but basically good. Can anyone tell me, are these real Araucaunas, or are they something else? The color of their eggs is pink, and not too far off in color from the brown eggs my Sexlinks lay. My Wyandottes lay a nice, dark brown egg, and my Australorp lays a light brown, almost cream egg. I got the Australorp from the same person at the same time, as well as my Silver Cuckoo Maran roo. Here are Twinkle and Sprinkle's pictures, well, the ones I could actually GET of them. They don't like to stand still for pictures!

29191_sept_102009_new_kitten_finley_and_a_giant_mushroom_239.jpg

29191_chicken_pictures_feb_2010_163.jpg

And here is one of their green legs:

29191_chicken_pictures_feb_2010_164.jpg

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

She looks like a welsummer mixed with an EE since she has green feet! She's so pretty!
love.gif

that would explain the pink eggs, green feet and coloring. It does not explain why she has a SC though.​

Quote:
What is your reasoning for that? other than they have green legs.

Green legs, coloring is similar to some EEs, they were sold as Araucaunas, one has a pea comb, and the I have several EE crosses with strait combs.

Last edited:
Quote:

Green legs, coloring is similar to some EEs, and they were sold as Araucaunas.

Yes but I have never seen a SC EE, but I suppose it is possible.

Quote:

Green legs, coloring is similar to some EEs, they were sold as Araucaunas, one has a pea comb, and the I have several EE crosses with strait combs.

They both have SCs, it is frost bit. So it could be EE X Welsummer

Back
Top Bottom