A sadness

2cool4you

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 5, 2010
Yesterday I had to put down my 17 year old cat. Trouble has been with me since he was 2 weeks old. He's been my best buddy and traveled the country with me. We've been camping and hiking, we've explored wilderness and cities. He's been to every job I've ever worked and dried every tear I've ever had. That is until now. Now the tears are free flowing but there is no soft orange fur to catch them, no gentle purr to comfort me, no more paws to pat me and tell me it's ok. We battled illness after illness the past year. He rallied through them all. In the end it was asthma that did him in. He's never had it before. 2 weeks ago he started wheezing and even with every treatment available there was nothing that could be done. And so with tears and kindness I let him go, no longer to suffer and to find peace at last. I can only hope his life was as enriched by me as mine was enriched by him. And so my furry son I bid you adieu and hope we shall meet again. You are and shall ever be in my heart.

So sorry for you loss, i truly know the feeling i have lost 3 dogs this year due to old age.

I know they had a wonderful free life here and loved their jobs , i miss them all but know i will be together again.

hugs.gif
I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a kitty who has a special bond with you. I really do know how hard it is and what you are going through. It has been over 5 years since I lost my 17 year old kitty and I still get teary when I think of the day I had to put her down....like right now
hit.gif
I know he loved you as much as you loved him and I TRULY believe you will be together again.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was lucky to be loved so very much. It sounds like he had an amazing life with you. I wish it wasn't always so hard at the end. We just had to euthanize our 14 year old cat a few days ago. Even when you know you are doing the right thing, it still feels really bad.

I am so sorry for your loss,my heart goes out to you:hugs I was blessed to have a beautiful Siamese for 20 years,I found her when she was only a few weeks old.Finally I lost her to cancer.Your little boy lived a happy live and his spirit is with you right now.Please take comfort in that and know that you will be together again.

Back
Top Bottom