A shocking discovery -- eggs in the nestboxes!

Thankfully only ever had one egg not laid in a nest box and that was on the floor of the covered run and was a first egg.

I hope they all catch on now and keep your life a little more simple. Egg hunts are fine at Easter but not all year round!

woot.gif

Still waiting for my first egg here. Was holding out putting the nesting box in the coop, but maybe it could encourage them. My oldest will be 6 months this month, so it seems like it should be about time.
hmm.png

Congradulations!

Never ask why. Just be happy when they do something right.

I feel for you. Got one stubborn orp that just loves to lay eggs in the poop.

Poop, poop, always in the poop!

YAY!! Mine all caught on fairly quickly, but I still have one that lays randomly. Like wherever she is standing, it just drops out. By the food, by the water, in the middle of run, in the corner...
tongue.png

Quote:
I subscribe to the plan to put the nest boxes out with golf balls in them BEFORE they start laying, so they get the idea long in advance of where they go.

Quote:
I subscribe to the plan to put the nest boxes out with golf balls in them BEFORE they start laying, so they get the idea long in advance of where they go.

Got it. I've been wanting to re-arrange their area a bit anyway - this will give me a good reason to actually do it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom