A sizzling hot sweet black SIZZLE - NW IL

Meara

Songster
9 Years
Jan 23, 2011
Midwest
Given the current heat index shipping is not an option.

A Sizzle is a breed in development. They are essentially Silkies BUT they don't have silkie feathers. They have "normal" feathers that are either frizzled (curly) or not frizzled. Sizzles are often bred by using frizzled Cochins crossed with Silkies and then working to breed the Silkie characteristics true in the line. That means it can take several generations before you get a Sizzle with all the desired traits.

This little Sizzle's name is "Batman" and yes, I think he's a male. You know how it is with Silkies, they can be a bit hard to sex. But I'm reasonably sure he's a boy. He hatched on April 19th so he is about 14 weeks old. He is just GORGEOUS! He has black soft curly feathers, black skin, a walnut comb, blue ear lobes, and five toes on each foot and just look at that foot feathering! WOW He is just a perfect little Sizzle! He has a sweet docile personality. And he is so much fun to watch when he's waddling around out in the yard I bet I could charge admission! Even my neighbor who doesn't really like chickens is completely charmed by this boy:) He has so many feathers curling all over that it's hard to tell which end is up and which is back and which is front. LOL He gets curlier every day and the feathers are just soooo soft. He's such a special bird. I really hope he can find a home where he will be appreciated. He'd be great with kids, in a breeding program, or in any backyard flock. This is definitely a bird that will convert your friends and family into chicken lovers if they aren't already
love.gif
I'll try to add more pictures, but here are a few.

77777_p11104081.jpg

77777_p11104441.jpg

77777_p11007591.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom