A Support Thread For Those Of Us Living In An Egg-Free Zone

On dear, what a day yesterday was, we had a major issue at work and I was still replying to Helpdesk tickets at 11pm last night.

The timing could not have been worse because I could not get two seconds to log in and say:

“The Drought Has Been Broken”

Dusty laid an egg yesterday! Woot Woot!
yesss.gif

I think the final tally was 49 days.

I will, however, not be leaving this thread … I have some people to cheer on and support
wink.png

SNJchickens I love your ‘spin’!

Steampunked, K Spot do not lose hope ……

Congratulations on the egg!!!!

Perhaps I still hold the egg-free record of 90+ days??

I just read an article in Chickens Magazine that purports unwashed eggs stored at 40F degrees will last 4 months. Maybe I should start stocking up in August rather than distribute to the neighbors?

A good friend just had all of her chickens save one RIR taken by a fox in one bloody night. This smart girl hid under the horse box. I'm going to adopt the lone hen. Right now she's living without a chicken companion in a pen with 5 baby goats which are screaming because they are being weaned. Poor hen.

SNJchickens

Dusty laid another pointy offering two days later .. so in 4 days I have got two eggs .. woot woot …. Lol

I scramble them up 6 eggs each Monday for breakfast, I bought 10 last week and have 4 left for tomorrow, but because Dusty has kindly laid 2, no need to buy eggs this week.

You may just get to remain the record holder. Hhhhm, while I am not saying I do not believe them, I think I will pass on 4 month old eggs
wink.png

Aaaw, I am sorry to read of your friend’s loss; how heartbreaking
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom