A Total Turnaround

Sherry

Songster
12 Years
Apr 8, 2007
Southern WV
This is Saffy (Saffron), my red star. Until about 1 week ago I referred to her as Rosemary's Baby. She was a terror! Suddenly she can't stay away from me. She comes running as soon as I enter the pen, stays around my feet and if I sit down she's in my lap.
big_smile.png
I can hardly get out of the run she wants to come with me.

Don't know why but she certainly is a sweetie!

100_2461.jpg

Last edited:
Isnt it great to see how thier personalities change over night? Thats why I LOVE my chickens. Some are just cuddle bugs...some are flighty...but eventually...they all get a big old hug!!
Oh, and she is BEAUTIFULL by the way!

Has she just started laying? I had a red sex link that was just like that until the first egg and now she is just the sweetest thing. I chalked it up to puberty.

It is amazing...my pullets did not want any attention from me at all. Now the 5-6 that are laying have become very attentive. Letting me hold them, etc. It was quite an unexpected turnaround.

I'm not sure if she is laying or not. Her comb has certainly turned red in the past 2 weeks, so I moved her and her 3 "sisters" in with the big girls that started laying a month ago. I have seen her "playing" around in the nest but not anything I call serious.
But I was just flabbergasted at her change in attitude. She rubs against my ankles like a cat. She has me so wrapped around her little pin feathers it ain't funny.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom