A true sweet heart

joyce_huang

Chirping
Oct 16, 2021
I have a hen one year and a half old. She was the very shy one among my small flock of 4 hens before a terrible incident this early summer. On that particular day, my ladies, like what they had been doing everyday, across the small rural path in front of my house, and were having fun searching and eating bugs in the bushes between tall pine trees. I was indoor working. Alerted by sudden chicken cry, I dashing out of the door toward the sound. At my approaching, a huge barn hawk took off flapping its powerful wings that startled me. There, feathers all over the place! I was prepared for the worst, but there! My very shy 8-month old hen was standing behind a thin layer of pine branches, shaking, the rear of her body was bare, stripped featherless! I took her up, holding her for a long time before putting her to a enclosed, safe area of the coop. All other hens were hiding nearby, and recovered relatively easy. Now, my shy one's feather has grown back, and she is no longer shy! She rushes over to me at any sound and sight of my person, follows me around everywhere in my yard, enjoys to be held. What a brave little hen and a sweet ❤️.

Attachments

• 20230505_072423.jpg
    20230505_072423.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 20230421_180441.jpg
    20230421_180441.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom