Keeperoflock

Songster
Mar 10, 2018
Central Indiana
With winter approaching remember to have stored water on hand. Frozen, busted pipes. Frozen busted water mains. Downed trees. Blizzards, snow storms. You name it, it can happen and catch you unprepared for those emergencies for yourselves and for your livestock.

Also, don't forget to rotate and refresh your water supplies. Water can go stagnant when it sits too long.

You're making everything winter sound horrible. :oops: We do keep some drinking water on hand. The critters will be okay with snow for a short time if necessary.

You're making everything winter sound horrible. :oops: We do keep some drinking water on hand. The critters will be okay with snow for a short time if necessary.

Thank you for your post.
My post was meant to HELP people, like those new to chickens. I'm glad your critters will be ok but not everyone remembers to think about having water on hand in case of emergencies.

With winter approaching remember to have stored water on hand. Frozen, busted pipes. Frozen busted water mains. Downed trees. Blizzards, snow storms. You name it, it can happen and catch you unprepared for those emergencies for yourselves and for your livestock.

Also, don't forget to rotate and refresh your water supplies. Water can go stagnant when it sits too long.
Thank you for this post! I wouldn't of thought of that, I'll put extra water in my supply...we have a well and of course it's ran by power so if power simply goes out we don't have water

Thank you for this post! I wouldn't of thought of that, I'll put extra water in my supply...we have a well and of course it's ran by power so if power simply goes out we don't have water

Well there ya go! A simple thing like that can make life A LOT easier on you AND your animals. Winter is what it is and you might as well be prepared and make life a bit easier on yourself.

As for me, I love winter time. :ya But you gotta be real about it too.

Back
Top Bottom