Abandoned baby quail

Since it is a chick you could mix it and it wouldn't know the difference on space either it would just adapt to the smaller area
My little kiwi died yesterday. I am so sad! I really loved taking care of her and I had actually found a big farm for her to go to so she would have more room. I don’t know what happened as she seemed to be thriving! I really am into this quail thing though and I think I want to try again; this time maybe some bibwhites or coturnix. Any suggestions? I don’t have a lot of room but I read for those two breeds you don’t need that much?

Maybe there's a local wildlife rehab that could take her or give you advice?
Maybe there's a local wildlife rehab that could take her or give you advice?
I had one bird rehab lady call me back and she told me to keep her. Which I would’ve loved to but I don’t have the room for Gambel ; I then found a big farm I was supposed to take her to today; but sadly she died yesterday. I don’t know what happened because she seemed to be thriving! Almost flying even. I am super sad...

I'm sorry about that little chick.
Unfortunately, they don't always have a good chance of survival, even when they're rescued. You gave that little chick it's best chance :hugs

So sorry for the loss :hugs
But the chances are low for foundlings, as they are used to be guided by the motherhen.

I would suggest Coturnix, as Bobwhites need more space.
You can easily keep 4-5 Cortunix in a 4'x2' rabbit hutch, without feeling overcrowded.
Also they are supreme egg layers, which is quite a nice benefit.

Back
Top Bottom