Abandoned duck egg. Need help asap

Alright everyone my daughter is finally getting better and I think I'm going out this afternoon to find my little one some buddies. My local feed store doesn't have any chicks or ducks in right now so I'm going to TSC hoping they still have chick days going on. Can you guys post some pictures of your ducks as ducklings and what breed they are so I have an idea of what I might have the option of getting? TSC never seems to know with the ducks they are just listed as "assorted ducks" everytime I've seen them there

Well your solid Yellow will most likely be Pekins but TSC has been know to have brown ducklings which can either be KC or Runners also tiny yellow that stand up straight can be Fawn and white Runners. They seem to get them in quite a bit too and I even saw some this year with solid blk so maybe some Cauyga? Hopefully soon some will be on with pics or post some pics when you get there and we'll try and help.

on here are some pics of KC and possible Pekin https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/new-to-ducks.1270675/#post-20432195

20180622_122442.jpg
here's one of a little Cayuga. :)

Baby duck is happy to have some cuddle buddies for the night :loveView attachment 1529132
Chicks are a good substitute for now. Keep a careful watch, ducks (depending on breed) grow faster than chicks. So keep an eye on how the ducky is interacting with the chicks as they all grow.

Back
Top Bottom