Abandoned Wood duck...?

Awesome either way..I am just glad it is living! I trust ya'll! I was not there when the lady was told. I will love a mallard just the same as a wood duck! I wish it was a wood duck though we have 2 pair that summer on our land. I was hoping to have some more...Oh well!

If it flies off this fall it's likely to bring a mate back with it next spring. Then you would have Woodies & Mallies both
celebrate.gif

Hi rosewood, I'm new to byc also. I just found it a couple weeks ago while looking for a mate for a wood duck that we found abandoned about a year and a half ago. That does look just like the one we found. So I think that is what you have. Ours is the hen and I'm sending out the money for the drake tomorrow. As long as your baby is eating I see no problem with raising it. You did say you never had a duck before so I would say if you didn't know, never feed it without water. Ducks require water to eat, maybe I was just stupid but no one told me that and I actually had one choke to death once. I was horrified. I raised my wood duck with pekings but since there all becoming ready to breed I think it's best she has her own mate. This is a pic of my girl.
no she is not one legged she is just standing on one foot lol

Well he looks happy with his 3 girls, how did you come to choose Rouens. Now that my woodie is going to have a mate, I want to choose some girls for my 2 Peking drakes, I thought about white crested because I thought it would be cool to have the girls having "hairdos" and didn't want pekings because I have read they don't set on there eggs. Since sometime I may want to collect for eating and some for them to hatch. I'm just not sure what might be a good match? Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom