Thelocalladies

Chirping
May 25, 2021
Hi there! So this morning I noticed this weird poop that was laid by one of my pullets... just not sure who. Does this look like normal poop? I don't think anyone ate anything that color :(

Attachments

• 20210721_064901.jpg
    20210721_064901.jpg
    714.6 KB · Views: 18
It looks pinkish as it might have some blood in it. The white urates are normal kidney waste. How old and how many are your chickens? Are any standing around lethargic, puffed up, or not eating? That can be a sign of coccidiosis, and Corid in the water can treat that. Worms is another reason for blood.

It looks pinkish as it might have some blood in it. The white urates are normal kidney waste. How old and how many are your chickens? Are any standing around lethargic, puffed up, or not eating? That can be a sign of coccidiosis, and Corid in the water can treat that. Worms is another reason for blood.
I have 9 chickens in total. 6 are 12 weeks old and the other 3 are about 9 weeks. One of my 12 week olds is usually pretty hyper and zoom zoomy... but told she seems mellow. So I suspect it's her

I would get some Corid and treat for possible coccidiosis. It is safe for all, and you can find it at most feed stores. The young ones may be more susceptible. Dosage is 2 tsp/10 ml of the liquid Corid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. If any are not drinking, make sure they get it with a dropper.

Back
Top Bottom