?? about mixing chicken eggs in the bator

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
This may seem like a silly question but, I am anticipating getting my first bator next month.
I'm already looking at which BYC members sell hatching eggs from hens that I love the looks of.
Is it okay to mix eggs from different breeds in the bator at the same time? Ex: brahma, orps, and silkie eggs.

Note: Six months ago I would have sworn to you that I would never EVER incubate. I am blaming certain BYC members for this new addiction, including but not limited to one whose user id starts with "tuff" and ends with "hen".
tongue2.gif

If you truly don't want to become a hatchaholic, you're going to have to stop getting on this site!!!
tongue.png
It's impossible to read all of these posts and not want to hatch all the time - these guys are terrible!!
gig.gif

Now, to answer your question - you can certainly hatch different breeds of chickens together at the same time. You might have better luck if you hatch Seramas separately from others because they do better with a little different hatching environment, but for the most part, the other breeds can be hatched at one time in the same bator. To me, that's fun because you end up with such a variety of cute little fuzzy butts in your brooder!!!

Best of luck in your hatching!!!

I have mixed eggs before with no problems. But as stated above, if you got Serama eggs, you might want to separate them.
Yes, its an addiction for sure, but a wonderful one!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Nope, no seramas. I think they are beautiful and all, but I'm already pushing my luck thinking I can have brahmas and silkies living in harmony.
Thanks y'all. I kinda knew the answer, but wanted to be sure.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom