about my son and father, need input

Henny peeny

Songster
12 Years
May 4, 2007
NC
Two days ago my son called and said he was to go to the hospital but my father told him not to call anyone he has diabetes and his sugar was up to 500 I read at 600 you CAN go into comma. This happened once before my son was really sick for 3 days and his sugar was 600 we were lucky I feel he didn't go into comma.

This time I told my son to hand up with me and call 911 forget the neighbors and call NOW I called later and he said the squad wasn't there but I heard my father in the back saying something my son told my father his mouth is open and he needs to shut it and he need to go to bed or shut up. I was to leave my husband but instead he decide to take custody of the kids which we are still trying. My son told my father I was coming back and dad just will not stop, he keeps up with I (Rhayden) should come back to PA he doesn't know we are to take custody and it is not for sure yet, we are not through court yet.

dad fights about anything and I think this is getting to my son he has been with dad before mom died and now it has been about 4 years since she has been gone. dad falls a lot and we have tried to let him in the house as long as we can but I think it is time for my son to come live with me and I will find him a place he can live on his own. He is mentally challenge and can't handle money so I would have to have his money and do what is needed but he would have peace finally.

OK now with dad my sister said she could have someone come in to help day I am not sure how it works and his insurance company he can get transportation to go to the doctors or what ever medical he needs so now if dad agrees to this which I doubt then my sister is going to call adult services and have them asses dad to see about him living by himself and if not then he is to go to a home I am sure he doesn't want this but we are not sure.

My son has been where he had to pick my mother up more then 20 times a day push her around in a wheel chair in the house out of the house and help in every way and now when my father goes any where that my son now pushes my father in a wheel chair anywhere outside the house and is picking him up every time his falls. dad has bumped his head so bad one day he had a big bruise and would see a doctor I told me son to tell him I would be there the next day to get my son and he chanced his mind. his has cut his cheek and arm and hurt his shoulder and well you get the idea I have wrote down all falls and cuts and anything that happens.

I really don't want o do this but if my son was to listen and not call 911 who knows if my son would be dead or in comma.

Well what do you all think

My son is to go through a gastric by pass and I plan to take him after that if he come to NC and tries to do this he will have to wait and jump through hoops and he is already there with this one doctor so when I go to help out and my son is good enough to travel I will take him.

I just want you thoughts as to anything I may not of thought of question I should think about thinks to think of a head of time if I am missing anything.

Rhayden

I can call for my son from NC ???? really???

OH MY GOD THANK YOU

Rhayden

It is handy to know this

You can call your 911 too an tell them an they will call the local dispatch there. I remember several calls over the years where someone out of state called for someone here.

Its best to know the main number to his 911 office though.

Ours rings the same phone if you are here an dial 911 or anywhere an dial 706 657 911 or 706 657 4111. I think most 911 offices have 3 that work the same. Remember 911 id just a code that is forwarded to a real phone number. Its good to know that number for family.

Maybe one of the 911 operators will chime in with more info

Last edited:
thanks I need to keep these number in the files, I don't know if I will ever have to use them I had no idea oh and the first reply was not to be sarcastic I was in shock that you could call from one state to get help to another I thought you had to call the local cops. I had to do this once with my father my son couldn't get a hold of him in a few hours and he called me so I called the local cops and had them go to see if all was well they got there and saw no one was home and then called back and ask how many cars is to be there I said 3 they said there was 2 I said OK he is out the phone was off the hook sorry forgot to tell you this very sorry another time my sister could get a hold of my folks my mother couldn't walk and she could get to the phone and dad sleeps hard not to wake easy so my sister called the cops and they busted the door down but dad was OK and they said they thought he was dead so he said no he was still kicking I thought he would be mad a.. I think it was my sister of my mother the screech my mother had in her voice when she yelled for you would give you a migraine in which it did to me anyhow the cops came to see. but all was well.

We have did all we can for him and my son I feel need to have a life.

Rhayden

I didnt take it as sarcasm. I'm use to people not knowing this stuff. I live at 2 state lines an who knows which states 911 you will get when you call on a cell so I try to keep the real number of each county's 911 office in my cell.

Back
Top Bottom