ABOUT TIME!!!!

First let me say......congrats on the eggs.
wee.gif
Now, let me say...NO FAIR!!!! :thun Mine are 21 weeks old, almost 22 weeks old, and NOTHING YET! UGH!
th.gif

As for fertility....yes, after they are in the fridge. the embryo cant grow...so its just an egg. No difference. Enjoy them... and may I say.. I am "green with envy" LOL
gig.gif

D.gif

No egg YET today, but we found both of those late in the day.

I'm almost certain that our blue wheaten, 'Blue', layed the second one. She was pacing, kicking around the shavings in the nesting box, et cetera. I found it where she had been, too.

blue.jpg

There she is just a few days ago.
tongue.png

We fried up one of the eggs this morning. Yum! It was hilariously tiny.
lol.png
I'm saving the other one until we get some eggs.

Congratulations!
woot.gif
That is a beautiful little eggie! I have 4 Ameraucanas that are a week behind yours! But I am thinking that they will keep me waiting a while longer! This batch seems to be slower to mature for some reason...
hmm.png

Lynn, they'll probably be laying before you know it.
big_smile.png
I don't expect some of the others to start laying for at least a week yet, and it'll probably be more like two or three before everyone's laying. Some of ours also seemed slower to mature then the others. They're tiny!

We got our third egg today.
cool.png
I think the same two are the only ones laying, as the first one was at about the same time and same place as this egg. I'm hoping the one pictured above, Blue, will lay this afternoon.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom