About to move my duckies outside...

I don't think cement is the best option for ducks feet and legs.

Birds would have to be touching the ground and the electric wire at the same time. I think most of the electric wire pulses. So, unless you got a wire strong enough for a bear, the squirrels should be ok.
However think of the alternative, if you need an electric wire but don't put one up due to the chance of killing a small animal and then something gets to your ducks, you are going to be pretty sad.

I was wondering if I poured a cement base and covered it in a tile and then hay if it would be a good idea. What are your thoughts on that? I feel like it would totally eliminate anything digging in

I’m so clueless as to what electric wiring I should get. If anyone could link me to a suggestion that would be so appreciated!

I was wondering if I poured a cement base and covered it in a tile and then hay if it would be a good idea. What are your thoughts on that? I feel like it would totally eliminate anything digging in
Concrete doesn't have any give. It is ok once in awhile, but not for their permanent area. I don't think it would work even with a topper. It also retains heat and cold dependent on the weather.
Do you have an idea of what your run will be like? A pic of your area might help to come up with ideas.
Honestly hw cloth aprons work and are the easiest option. You don't have to dig them in, but some do. If you really want to do concrete, maybe around the outer edge? But, you have to trench it to do any good.
As far as the electric set up we used - it is the 2 mile one sold at tsc. I think that is the one that has the shortest distance - but I don't need 2 miles of wire, so it was perfect.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom