? about transporting baby chics

bayouchica

Songster
13 Years
Jan 23, 2007
N.E. Louisiana
Hi yall, I'm going to get some bantams that are about 2 to 3 weeks old.I have a kitty carrier for them & a small blanket to cover it..Our weather is going to be highs in the 40's.
Can I use a heat patch ( like for sore backs) to help keep them warm? My ride doesn't have a good heater in it... and it's over an hours drive one way.
Has anyone used them ?
Thanks,Miriam
smile.png

that heat patch is a good idea. i know my chihuahuas love to cuddle over one if i've taken it off. with the blanket over the kitty carrier, that should keep them plenty warm.

the chicks at that age should be fully feathered, yes? If so they should be fine. If you really are concerned go to the hunting section in the store and check out the what they have for hunters to keep hands and feet warm.

Ya like ski hand warmers would work well dont worry about it too much they are older chicks my birds still have a heatlamp with them cause they are outside.

oh. i just figured you alredy had them around the house and wanted to do it special good. i think they will be okay without buying anything. if you really want to buy something, go for the handwarmers like was said. those are like a buck or two and back things can be five to ten. and if you really want to buy a bunch of those, i'll send you my address.
wink.png

Thanks everyone for your advice
smile.png
I just want to make sure they're comfortable.Sure they will be stressed out, they are petting zoo chics.

Back
Top Bottom