Abscessed tooth in my chick.

More to the point and effective would be making sure they get brushed and flossed. Do they get regular dental treatment? If you want to do cheap dental treatment, remove the tooth, lance the abscess and apply salt water to the site of the former abscess regularly. Don't forget that they need a few days of tube feeding, no one wants to chew after getting a tooth removed!

As for the rabies, it takes about an inch a day to reach the brain from the site of infection. Considering it is in the mouth, you should be seeing signs very soon. Please be careful. Chooks are known to transform into cockatrices on the full moon once they have caught rabies!

I put Fluoride in the drinking water to help prevent tooth decay, I would have thought that would have been enough.

How much do Cockatrices sell for? Are you sure I want to prevent them from turning?

Maybe I have stumbled on a great get rich idea, turning chickens into cockatrices by using rabid bats..

I dunno, they sound like evil little things though since they are thought to be mythological, who knows. I think you would have to develop the market. Too much work? *shrug*

Also, shame on you! Fluoride alone is never enough. Or, at least that's what my dentist says... I think he just wants to milk more money from me for the mega dental hygiene corporations...

I read in a blog or saw on Facebook that DE will take care of chicken rabies.
Oh yes, I've read that DE is supposed to fix almost everything, AND it is organic. You can only use something organic to solve this issue or you could have bigger problems- I'm not sure what exactly, but it would be much worse than rabies.

Do you have any photos of the chicken foaming at the mouth?

Back
Top Bottom