Absence and loss. Hello all.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by luvmychicknkids, Dec 23, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Hi to those who remember me. [​IMG] It's been awhile. I have pretty much stopped having chickens, down from 36 to 4. Life is just too complicated.

Some will remember I was to be reunited with my husband after living apart for the past few years due to his military career. Well, things changed and I am getting a divorce instead. It hurts, as divorce always does, but is the only choice for us. I also had a rather unplanned pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. While it couldn't have happened at a worse time I was so happy about the baby and was looking forward to my little late life surprise. I was really surprised at how hard it has been to recover from this emotionally.

Anyway, just wanted to do a brief update, say hello, and wish everyone a happy Holiday season.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Christy,

Had wondered where you had gone.

So sorry about the divorce... that must REALLY hurt... and the miscarriage too... my wife had two of those.

Is there any hope of reconciliation with your spouse?

Have a Blessed Christmas.

You have been missed

And you are loved.

M

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thank you so much. That means a lot to me. Honestly, I don't see any way to save our marriage, and yes, it hurts so much. But life does go on. We are, right now, working hard toward becoming friends again for the sake of our children. The only positive thing is, since we have lived apart so long anyway, the kids don't have to adjust to that.

4. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    I too have had a few hard years... (just when you think it cant get worse > it does).
    However I have my tree up and decorated (just luv a real xmas tree in the house) and for the first time in many years we had snowfall here and it has had that nice christmasy feel from that, I have all my limbs and I am not in a wheelchair... so who am I to complain...
    .... in other words . chin up girl > Have faith and search out anything that brightens the current darkness. Oh... and Merry Christmas!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yes, life goes on, doesn't it. [​IMG] And I have 3 amazing little boys that make every day more than worth it. Unfortunately, we decided to skip the tree this year and i generally have 2! However, with a 7 month old Great Dane we decided it wasn't worth the risk. [​IMG] He seems to be a fair trade, however. [​IMG]

6. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I too, have missed seeing your posts! Hope your life takes a turn for the better in 2010! [​IMG]

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks! [​IMG] I think it will. i have tons of hope for the new year.

8. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:[​IMG] How is the puppy?

9. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    I remember you. I am sorry that you are going through this. [​IMG]

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Wow! I SWEAR i was just thinking of you last night when i was on BYC..and then i wake up to see this post..
    weird..
    I'm so sorry that all this is happening to you! [​IMG] I wish i could help you in some way.. all i can say is it may not seem it now, but life will get better. Please have faith in that... Always try to remember the positive in your life..(your adorable kidlets and puppy.. [​IMG] ) Wishing you a warm and Happy Hoilday with your family.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by