Accidental albino button baby just hatched

Pics
I think your babies are fallow. I have heard fallow are more sparsely feathered and smaller. They have the red eyes, but they have pigment in the feathers. A lot of species (bird and mammal) have a reddish hued ruby eyed morph. We used to get them all the time in hamsters (ruby eyed cinnamon?) at the pet store I worked in because he bred parents and siblings and you get that morph pretty easily in hammies with inbreeding. It happens naturally as a spontaneous morph, but if you heavily inbreed it’ll be one of your first morphs. I’m not up on bird morphs in other species, but I would think genetically it’s similar to lutino.

Watch as they grow, your sighted chicks may start pecking their eyes because of the color. I usually separate out red eyed chicks by the End of a week or so.
I check periodically through out the day cuz I'm scared of many things 😨 😳 😂😆

I think your babies are fallow. I have heard fallow are more sparsely feathered and smaller. They have the red eyes, but they have pigment in the feathers. A lot of species (bird and mammal) have a reddish hued ruby eyed morph. We used to get them all the time in hamsters (ruby eyed cinnamon?) at the pet store I worked in because he bred parents and siblings and you get that morph pretty easily in hammies with inbreeding. It happens naturally as a spontaneous morph, but if you heavily inbreed it’ll be one of your first morphs. I’m not up on bird morphs in other species, but I would think genetically it’s similar to lutino.

Watch as they grow, your sighted chicks may start pecking their eyes because of the color. I usually separate out red eyed chicks by the End of a week or so.
Darn it I added fresh blood in there line !

Yes I think pink eyed follow too but supposedly the male red breasted off spring of the pink eyed follow come out orange so I wanna see what they look like grown and what they produce before I claim it I only read one case / discription on them and there characteristics

These are the two pictures I saved from the article of the breeder from years ago, I think I posted the website link a few pages back on this thread

Attachments

• Pinkeye_RBMale4.jpeg.jpg
    Pinkeye_RBMale4.jpeg.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Pinkeye_RBMale5.jpeg.jpg
    Pinkeye_RBMale5.jpeg.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 2
I believe Garry Landry from zebrafinch.com has some photos on his site. You can email him and ask about them, I ordered my buttons from him and he was very informative.
Lol that is his photos, from his article on his site he says it was years ago and he accidentally made the pink eye follow and such and hasn't had them since, but maybe I'll ask directly to him 🤔

He also has black Coturnix from k dale lines now, I lost mine to stray cats, they ripped right thru the prefab wire in my original pen that I use as a grow out, and pulled the birds thru, I was so sad. I had secured the wire to the frames because I was afraid the flimsy staple wouldn’t hold, but the cat just tore a hole right in the middle of the pen. But they were big and beautiful, I ordered 10 eggs from Garry, I received 12 and 11 hatched. 1 died early on but the rest thrived. I had similar excellent results with his buttons and I order 3-4 sets of eggs. Always a joy. If you can get a dialogue with him I’m sure he would have a lot of info on the fallows.
🤤 Black coturnix dream project

You can always try for more, no sense being too upset, there’s no guarantee they would have made it no matter what.
Yes I know poor red eyes like I'm cursed on these pretty pretty eyes 🤔 and remember savi has a different kind of red eyes and savi is one of the grandpa's of the 3 parents
Here's a pic of savi, but his eyes didn't start like there's do

Attachments

• IMG_20220923_174812.jpg
    IMG_20220923_174812.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1
U considered wrapping a handwarmer up and popping it in there just incase so they've got an extra heat source to burrow under? Some of the decent disposable ones can last up to 10 hours which is perfect for overnight xx
No, I haven't ever had this problem before but Shana has exp raising I messed up not considering it's 2 momma's worth of eggs with only one mom plus they have no exp raising babies yet (though my pied Shana raised 10 all by her self once hers plus she excepted Vlad's babies back when Vlad hatched but not raise she's amazing at it 😍🤩) heck even Vlad's 3 babies they have are fine she hatched and first time ever excepted her own babies and is raising they are about 3-4 weeks old makes me fear she's getting old she is 2 years this November , Vlad is savi's partner the different kind of red eye guy

I mean if I see them hatch some when it's winter I give them a heat lamp to help incase but that only happened once

Back
Top Bottom