Accidental albino button baby just hatched

It looks good so far no crazy defects I can see, don’t be surprised if it can see a bit now, but in my experience it usually passes in time. My albinos always end up blind, the double silvers sometimes maintain some sight.
Not gonna lie secretly hoping buttons have less albino defects compared to coturnix but doubt it but I can hope 😂 but yess keeping ready and I love all the blind advice cuz no exp on it

So cute! The blind chicks will get the powdered feed in their eyes because they can’t see. They will flail their faces into the food with their eyes open, and they will get tiny barely visible crumbs in there. You have to check them constantly, it will go from fine to gooped shut, to infection and death in hours. If the eye gets gooped shut you have to find the tiny particle, it may even be under the eye lid, if you don’t find it, it will die, it’s a delicate dance, you can’t stress it too much or let it get chilled, but you have to open the eye and really search around. Keep it in a small space with powdered feed right under the heat light, or it won’t find it, keep water close by, but not directly under the light. They are crazy hard to keep alive the first week, it gets easier after that. You may need to keep some sugar water nearby and give it a tiny bit every few hours for the first day or so.

About the feed dust ... what about fermenting feed or moisten?
If it all more time than you have, you may want to rehome to someone that wants to do what ever it needs. I have a Serama that I got from a friend that was thought to have an URI which I took on, she was going to cull. It took advice from members, a Vet's visit and a try wait & see attitude. Got pretty discouraging at times but she's fine now & her eyes have been good, she's fine living alone in her section of the brooder & has the run of the patio/yard and bonded with one of my dogs, hates the other.

Attachments

• 0105 Crusted Eyes 2.jpg
    0105 Crusted Eyes 2.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 0106  Desk 1.jpg
    0106 Desk 1.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 0705 Sunning w:RC 1.jpg
    0705 Sunning w:RC 1.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 0618 Setting.jpg
    0618 Setting.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 0303 Let Me In.jpg
    0303 Let Me In.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 6
It looks good so far no crazy defects I can see, don’t be surprised if it can see a bit now, but in my experience it usually passes in time. My albinos always end up blind, the double silvers sometimes maintain some sight.
I wonder if you kept them in an darkened area it would help with their eye's developing to a point they could handle brighter light?....I've never had an albino hatch, so I have no idea! Just a random thought.

I wonder if you kept them in an darkened area it would help with their eye's developing to a point they could handle brighter light?....I've never had an albino hatch, so I have no idea! Just a random thought.
I already did that from the start just in case lol and love the thinking that's why I'm worried cuz I had flash to take the pic and when I first saw eyes had phone flash light cuz area was already shaded before hatch not long on it but worried could damage it's sight

So I just accidentally hatched a albino button baby with albino eyes ! Idk if it's blind or not it literally just hatched I'll post updates and answer questions lol @Nabiki @FloorCandy (I know you two wanna see it ). Just got a perfect pic that shows it's eyes look at them beauty s hope it's not blind Im so holding this back I thought cinnamon but then saw the eyes !
So much cuteness I wanna die! I hope all goes well for you and your baby.

God my cockatiel is so jealous, I wish the other button would hatch but I'm not sure it made it cuz but the other one that needs a few more days is healthy till then I'll have to keep it company I think it's si lings egg was too runty but the last one is giant and alive so it should have younger company sadly in a few days

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_170419748.jpg
    IMG_20220810_170419748.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 7
God my cockatiel is so jealous, I wish the other button would hatch but I'm not sure it made it cuz but the other one that needs a few more days is healthy till then I'll have to keep it company I think it's si lings egg was too runty but the last one is giant and alive so it should have younger company sadly in a few days
Looking good 😊 Can’t wait to see the next lil cutie ❤️

Back
Top Bottom