Accidental albino button baby just hatched

Got it to nibble a few bites yesterday I think hard to see and it's mostly interested in cuddles sleep and water but I woke up to a baby coturnix hatching I think Italian cuz it looks just like one of the parents that hatched cuz I remember selling her the left over babies, and I had to check if the early pipper needed help well I found a nice little poo on the paper towel I'm like good now I just need to get you too learn to eat regularly and I'll be set
Send pics ❤️ Following!

Got home did a bunch a stuff sat down got some pictures of my new dairy cow isapods then sat down for 2 seconds and remembered I promised a vid of it eating on its own luckily I walked over and all I had to do was hit record lol

Oof. Well at least its comfortable. Even in the pics you can see that gorgeous eye colour. Possible breeder or no cos its blind?
Been thinking about it since the moment I noticed it's eyes 🤔 but idk was hoping for non blind to partial blind then if it is blind or partial if it's a male shouldn't be too bad to breed him like he will call for a female in time anyways and he can hear them and just latch on like a button does ( though it will be interesting to see it try to do the Naruto mating dance -hope it doesn't smack walls-) but if it's female and blind idk if I feel right puting a male in with it and having it not being able to see and getting humped on 🤔 not really knowing what's going on cuz blind and probably already dealing with laying eggs it can't even see just to experiment and see if the off spring come out normal 🤔 this is the point me and the misses are at on the subject of breeding it ( first saw eyes -yells HONEY WERE KEEPING IT TO BREED- 😂) I want to see if I can breed a healthy one but then the responsibility of either culling or more comfortable life cages/tub/pen/homemade giant cage comes up (really wish it wasn't blind it's so cute) I guess I'm on the knifes edge on if I should

What do all of you think ?

I'll be the downer. Any genetic that causes a bird to require special care I see as a defect. Even more of a downer I cull chicks with any defects, I know many people like to try to raise special birds and more power to them. My birds aint pets and I don't have the time for it.
Ur not being a downer this is good info and I currently only have to be on work property only 4 hours like 3-4 times a week rest from home so I got the time and honestly I was hoping healthy to breed plus I decided if it was special I'd take responsibility cuz I carelessly gave it life just to see what morphs come out of my trio with there parentage it originally was gonna be given to a co-worker for free so I can see what this pairing produced well a taste of it cuz 3 eggs

Back
Top Bottom