Accidental albino button baby just hatched

Pics

Ravenlover

Bird lover,idk I'll think of something later 😂
Jun 22, 2020
So I just accidentally hatched a albino button baby with albino eyes ! Idk if it's blind or not it literally just hatched I'll post updates and answer questions lol @Nabiki @FloorCandy (I know you two wanna see it ). Just got a perfect pic that shows it's eyes look at them beauty s hope it's not blind Im so holding this back I thought cinnamon but then saw the eyes !

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_132912816.jpg
    IMG_20220810_132912816.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 55
So I just accidentally hatched a albino button baby with albino eyes ! Idk if it's blind or not it literally just hatched I'll post updates and answer questions lol @Nabiki @FloorCandy (I know you two wanna see it ). Just got a perfect pic that shows it's eyes look at them beauty s hope it's not blind Im so holding this back I thought cinnamon but then saw the eyes !
Cute 🥰 If it isn’t blind it’ll be worth a lot, I think.

So I just accidentally hatched a albino button baby with albino eyes ! Idk if it's blind or not it literally just hatched I'll post updates and answer questions lol @Nabiki @FloorCandy (I know you two wanna see it ). Just got a perfect pic that shows it's eyes look at them beauty s hope it's not blind Im so holding this back I thought cinnamon but then saw the eyes
So cute! The blind chicks will get the powdered feed in their eyes because they can’t see. They will flail their faces into the food with their eyes open, and they will get tiny barely visible crumbs in there. You have to check them constantly, it will go from fine to gooped shut, to infection and death in hours. If the eye gets gooped shut you have to find the tiny particle, it may even be under the eye lid, if you don’t find it, it will die, it’s a delicate dance, you can’t stress it too much or let it get chilled, but you have to open the eye and really search around. Keep it in a small space with powdered feed right under the heat light, or it won’t find it, keep water close by, but not directly under the light. They are crazy hard to keep alive the first week, it gets easier after that. You may need to keep some sugar water nearby and give it a tiny bit every few hours for the first day or so.

So cute! The blind chicks will get the powdered feed in their eyes because they can’t see. They will flail their faces into the food with their eyes open, and they will get tiny barely visible crumbs in there. You have to check them constantly, it will go from fine to gooped shut, to infection and death in hours. If the eye gets gooped shut you have to find the tiny particle, it may even be under the eye lid, if you don’t find it, it will die, it’s a delicate dance, you can’t stress it too much or let it get chilled, but you have to open the eye and really search around. Keep it in a small space with powdered feed right under the heat light, or it won’t find it, keep water close by, but not directly under the light. They are crazy hard to keep alive the first week, it gets easier after that. You may need to keep some sugar water nearby and give it a tiny bit every few hours for the first day or so.
Sounds like a lot of work 🤨

Oh, good luck. If it isn't blind now, it probably will be before long. Luckily, buttons are pet birds, so if you keep it in a fairly small pen and make sure that the food and water are always in the same place, it may have a chance.

The eyes don't look like they're bulging out, so that is also a good sign.
Everything is perfectly healthy so far it's why I'm so shocked I think it even saw my finger moving and came to it I'm hoping it's 100% healthy but like u said if its blind or goes there a comfort life pampered for it

Everything is perfectly healthy so far it's why I'm so shocked I think it even saw my finger moving and came to it I'm hoping it's 100% healthy but like u said if its blind or goes there a comfort life pampered for it
It looks good so far no crazy defects I can see, don’t be surprised if it can see a bit now, but in my experience it usually passes in time. My albinos always end up blind, the double silvers sometimes maintain some sight.

Back
Top Bottom