Accidental incubation we need a home for the chicks!!!

I don't say this to be unkind, but why are you trying to hatch eggs to make chicks that you can't care for? People remove clutches from broodies all the time, when they don't want a batch of chicks. You said you can't care for them and are trying to find homes before they're even hatched....so why are you trying to hatch them?
I'm not trying to hatch them but I don't want them to die and the egg for no reason. In case you forgot to read the actual story I will repeat it for you what happened was we were not aware to the fact that our beauty was sitting on fertile eggs we normally just let her sit on a couple unfertile eggs so that she feels better and that she doesn't feel sad when we take them away so we were letting her sit on these eggs and we didn't know they were fertile until we actually Kindle them the reason we didn't know that they were fertile was because our rooster is a new introduction to the flock but also we weren't sure if he exactly was creating fertile eggs with the hens yet. So we let our fruity sit on these eggs that we thought were on fertile and they end up having growth in them and at first we thought of keeping them but we actually don't have the resources for more chicks we got our rooster for protection of our flock not for breeding purposes. We were not prepared for these chicks that will be coming soon but since we are not prepared we didn't even want to kill these guys just because we weren't prepared so we decided that we should start trying to find them a home before they hatch so that way they don't exactly in print on us and that way it's a lot easier for them to be given away so that is the story in case you missed it and no I am not trying to hatch eggs that I can't take care of.

I'm not trying to hatch them but I don't want them to die and the egg for no reason. In case you forgot to read the actual story I will repeat it for you what happened was we were not aware to the fact that our beauty was sitting on fertile eggs we normally just let her sit on a couple unfertile eggs so that she feels better and that she doesn't feel sad when we take them away so we were letting her sit on these eggs and we didn't know they were fertile until we actually Kindle them the reason we didn't know that they were fertile was because our rooster is a new introduction to the flock but also we weren't sure if he exactly was creating fertile eggs with the hens yet. So we let our fruity sit on these eggs that we thought were on fertile and they end up having growth in them and at first we thought of keeping them but we actually don't have the resources for more chicks we got our rooster for protection of our flock not for breeding purposes. We were not prepared for these chicks that will be coming soon but since we are not prepared we didn't even want to kill these guys just because we weren't prepared so we decided that we should start trying to find them a home before they hatch so that way they don't exactly in print on us and that way it's a lot easier for them to be given away so that is the story in case you missed it and no I am not trying to hatch eggs that I can't take care of.
Put them back under the broody and see what happens. If they die they die. You don’t want them anyway. Let mama do her job.

Put them back under the broody and see what happens. If they die they die. You don’t want them anyway. Let mama do her job.
Yeah there's one problem with that our broody won't go on the nest anymore she stopped going on the nest before these guys even were taken into the incubator they were literally left in the nest alone. But the eggs are fine we check the growth they're doing good we took them into the incubator just because we don't want them to die for 0 reasons.

I did read the whole story and still have the question...why try extra hard to hatch chicks you can't care for? By removing them from under your broody because they don't hatch as well there, you ARE trying to hatch chicks you can't care for. Every chicken keeper who has a rooster eats potential chicks for breakfast (aka fertilized eggs) and everyone who has a broody but doesn't want to raise a bunch of chicks at that time, removes and tosses the eggs from under the broody. There's nothing wrong with not producing chickens you can't care for...it's the responsible thing to do.

Yeah there's one problem with that our broody won't go on the nest anymore she stopped going on the nest before these guys even were taken into the incubator they were literally left in the nest alone. But the eggs are fine we check the growth they're doing good we took them into the incubator just because we don't want them to die for 0 reasons.
Ohh gotcha. Hmm. I literally can’t think of anyone who would want straight run chicks this year. This year has produced a LOT of roosters

Back
Top Bottom