Accidental incubation we need a home for the chicks!!!

And so you know there are 26 eggs in the incubatoror right now
Wow do they all contain chicks? That would be over a 4 hour drive for me or 2 if we meet halfway but there's no way I could take more than 4 or 5. Someone linked your state thread earlier, that's where you can post things for people in Georgia to see and hopefully you would have better luck there. You could also try posting a thread under the rehoming category.

Yeah I figured it would be hard to find somebody to take all of them but that's the reason I've been contacting multiple people to try and see if they would take them even if you could take four or five would be really really awesome.

Break the broody. I know you feel bad because of what people are saying - but this is not as complicated as you think. Your rooster is always going to fertilize the eggs; if you let your broody sit on them then let her sit. Basically, sh*t or get off the pot. You need to collect your eggs daily… and allowing a hen to remain broody because you feel bad for it takes a huge toll on their health. So please - give the broody the eggs back and let nature take its course and then be done with it, or raise the chicks. If you can’t, then you’ll just have to relinquish them to anyone who can take them and not worry about what happens after they are gone.

Lots of good suggestions. I believe the original poster said her hen stopped being broody. Either way, it’s the original poster’s choice. We all have our own thoughts and feelings. But for this situation the poster is asking for advice on where to rehome and who might want them.

Craigslist would be my suggestion, under your state and area, as it will generate people closer to your location. Good luck.

we took 10 of the eggs out from under my broody and put them in the incubator

problem with that our broody won't go on the nest anymore she stopped going on the nest before these guys even were taken into the incubator they were literally left in the nest alone.

And so you know there are 26 eggs in the incubatoror right n
Read whole thread cant really understand how you got into this situation or how it went from 10 eggs to 26. But do understand you are trying to give away chicks that haven't hatched yet. At least you are looking ahead now hopefully you can find good homes for any of the chicks that hatch. OP have gave you some good advice on how to try to make that happen. Now that you have a rooster you now know its not a good idea to let your hen sit on eggs just to sit. Not really a good idea to let hens go broody to just sit on unfertile eggs either it takes a lot out of hen. Hopefully it all works out for you and the chicks in the end. GOOD LUCK.

I hatched out 10/11 eggs I set, blue ones from the grocery store, (but local) I had someone lined up, we we are in the middle of fire season here.

Back
Top Bottom