Achieving Red Pyle in Ameraucana?

Dominant white is found in Ameraucanas, sometimes, especially those they use to create paint.
While it’s possible to get mahogany in Ameraucanas, (brown red, buff) again, that’s another e gene to add.
Then you need duckwing from silvers.
While it’s possible to cross Ameraucanas you get the same mess you would get from Easter Eggers. It’s far cheaper and easier to find Easter Eggers that are pyle or cross red duckwing Easter eggers and cross them to red Ameraucanas. All of the main Ameraucana colors were bred up from Easter Eggers. Ameraucanas are uniquely diverse in color because they come in every e base color.

I think if the person on creigslist has chicks next year I'll get a few of them. See if I find some silver Ameraucanas either hatching eggs or chicks somewhere and start the project from there.

This is the web site. She is in Crosby TX. Tamara's farm.
Those are pretty birds, but I do not think they are actually Red Pyle color. (I clicked over to the "breeds" page to see more photos of them.)

You could buy some and just breed them the way they are, if you like them.
Or you could use them to provide some of the genes you need to breed toward actual Red Pyle.

The biggest difference I see is in the roosters' breasts: Red Pyle roosters have white breasts, while those roosters have quite a bit of red in the breasts along with the white.

The hens also seem to have more red than I usually see in photos of Red Pyle hens.

Those are pretty birds, but I do not think they are actually Red Pyle color. (I clicked over to the "breeds" page to see more photos of them.)

Or you could use them to provide some of the genes you need to breed toward actual Red Pyle.

The biggest difference I see is in the roosters' breasts: Red Pyle roosters have white breasts, while those roosters have quite a bit of red in the breasts along with the white.

The hens also seem to have more red than I usually see in photos of Red Pyle hens.
I agree they are not the Red Pyle color. It looks like there is lacing or spangling in there. They look closer to the Chamois Spitzhauben in color.

That’s true, they have a red mottled color of breast, probably from the Orloffs. But they have both dominant white and red and gold on Ameraucanaish bird which would give you a big head start.
They are very pretty, though.

Back
Top Bottom