ACK! Bag of scratch infested with bugs

I don't want any escaping and laying any eggs. I may be being paranoid, but when I say infestation I mean INFESTATION. When your feed bag is doing the snap, crackle, pop thing you know there's a party going on. The level of infestation was over the top.

So, so wrong.
Oh heavens! I think I'd have to throw it out! I hate bugs---that's one of the many reasons I adore my birds!

I believe you deserve a refund/replace. I'd return it to the place you purchased it....and check any replacement at the store, prior to taking it......... Or did you have the bag hanging around for a while? The store is bound to ask for a receipt with a date on it. Good luck!

I got it as part of a larger shipment from a milling company.

I think I will throw it out - it's waste, but its not a massive amount of money to throw away. The bag has been stored in my garage for a few months - but weevils lay eggs in grain so the bag definitely came with the bugs even if they hadn't emerged.

I think bugs are pretty cool, and I only get freaked out (irrationally) by the stinging ones. But I have to admit dealing with these guys .... crawling on me, the sidewalk, in the feed ..... I'm squicked out.
sickbyc.gif

When we first moved into my current house I kept finding these guys (in my house!!). At first they completely freaked me out! My then I started looking them up on the internet and reading about them. Between that and farming mealworms and the bee swarm I captured this year, I am kind of hooked.

Back
Top Bottom