Ack ! How to defrost turkey FAST !!

Thank you Debi.
smile.png

The Butterball website says that it will take 7 hours for a 15 pound turkey to thaw using the water method. You should be able to just get up early and thaw it in the morning and cook it the same day. I wouldn't leave it thawing in the water all night because it may be in too long and the water might get too warm causing bacteria to grow.

I have a friend that actually puts her turkey in the oven frozen. She says it still turns out good, but it takes longer. I've never tried it myself though.

I have had my turkey not get completely thawed and was unable to pull the little sack of goodies out from the turkey and had to cook it with it left in!!
ep.gif

It did take longer but was a very good turkey, just tried to let DH not see me removing the bag of stuff before I put the turkey on the table!!!
thumbsup.gif

ep.gif

DDL cooked turkey for last year(forgot the thawing and cleanng out) and son was carving when he found it!!
lau.gif

He just about had a cow!
gig.gif

My DD also had a cow but I just said oh well. I mean what else could one do and it wasn't going to kill us.

I unthaw in the plastic bag, in a paper bag, in the bath tub to catch the juice, leave it all night. Job done. The bath room is a cooler spot till we turn on the heater.

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom