Acres Poultry hatching thread with aliciaplus3!

Pics
No I run all 3 species(duck, chicken and turkey) the same in the same incubator. So 99.5 auto turners, the duck eggs have been in the kind that turn on the sides. I was just looking at the eggs due tomorrow and we have 3 external pips! I like to keep the humidity between 25 and 35% then bump it to over 65% at lockdown
So I ask because people say they have and their hatch rate on ducklings has increased. It's supposed to mimic the mom getting off the nest then getting wet then sitting on her eggs.

I'm glad she got some colorful babies anyways. And the turkeys haven't hatched yet

yes we still have 7 turkeys looking promising... I plan to add them to lockdown this eve.
I am very grateful for the opportunity to hatch and raise birds from your line. these are not birds that are available to me anywhere close. It is disappointing to go from So many beautiful eggs to so few babies but I see this as a starting point. I did not think I would be able to have good marans when I started with chickens and now I have the opportunity for that I thank you!

on a similar note I found some muscovy eggs that are less than 300 miles from me coming from 4890 feet to my 5970 feet above sea level... so less of a elevation shock and not traveling too far?? I hope! I couldn't even find anyone to ship me muscovy, even the hatcheries i found that had them would refuse my order when they realized how far away I was. this will be my next experiment with shipped eggs.

So I ask because people say they have and their hatch rate on ducklings has increased. It's supposed to mimic the mom getting off the nest then getting wet then sitting on her eggs.
I am not a duck expert, I have hatched a few but not an expert. I believe the misting or spraying helps the egg lose moisture???

20200225_061723.jpg
woke up to 3 duckies! 6 more external pips took a quick glance at the remaining and found one that externally piped and drown, one that internally piped and didnt go further, the other 3 were DIS day 27?

Back
Top Bottom