Acres Poultry hatching thread with aliciaplus3!

Pics
$5.00 for a POL? That is crazy! I suppose that they want to get chick's for free, then!
Pretty much. Oh and it had best be a guaranteed pullet of the best laying stock. I have somehow managed to find folks willing to buy farm fresh eggs st $3 a dozen. But not many duck or turkey egg buyers. I would love to make poultry my livelihood but dont see that happening anytime soon

I sell my mixed chicks for $5-$10 it depends. I'd sell a POL Pullet for $15-$25. I've never had a chicken last to the POL though because everyone always buys all the chicks.

I'm scared to go into TSC because I think they might have chicks 😂 I'm going to try to avoid them.
Oops! I went into Murdoch's for a meeting day before yesterday. Went back yesterday to pick up just 2 whiting true blues( they had the gray ones like the one that i had that passed away) yeah 11 chicks later. Wait I have around 100 chicks, ducks and turkeys in brooders at home??? Oh and Over 100 eggs incubating. Sigh I have IT bad.
But we picked up 3 true blues, 2 partridge rocks, 2 cream legbars, 1 pear leghorn, 2 necked necks, and a dark brahma. Should add some different colors to my flock.

Oops! I went into Murdoch's for a meeting day before yesterday. Went back yesterday to pick up just 2 whiting true blues( they had the gray ones like the one that i had that passed away) yeah 11 chicks later. Wait I have around 100 chicks, ducks and turkeys in brooders at home??? Oh and Over 100 eggs incubating. Sigh I have IT bad.
But we picked up 3 true blues, 2 partridge rocks, 2 cream legbars, 1 pear leghorn, 2 necked necks, and a dark brahma. Should add some different colors to my flock.
My husband would kill me 😂 unless I sold them all

I'm not allowed to buy birds. I have enough and can make more with what I have. I did trade for fresh legbar cockerels, however, because my legbars have been almost closed flock for 7 years and I need fresh blood. I sell most of what I hatch. Otherwise they can't generate enough revenue to pay for their feed. And yeah, POL pullets go for 20-25 dollars. And chicks 5-10 dollars.

I'm not allowed to buy birds. I have enough and can make more with what I have. I did trade for fresh legbar cockerels, however, because my legbars have been almost closed flock for 7 years and I need fresh blood. I sell most of what I hatch. Otherwise they can't generate enough revenue to pay for their feed. And yeah, POL pullets go for 20-25 dollars. And chicks 5-10 dollars.
I'm just hatching my own eggs now. I'm too nervous to buy. I might talk to the chicks in the store though 😂 I am too nervous about disease entering my well maintained flock.

Back
Top Bottom