Acres Poultry hatching thread with aliciaplus3!

20200225_182110.jpg
final count on ducks went into lockdown with 14 eggs ended up with 8 live quackers.
Side note did a quick candling on my shipped turkey eggs and saw at least 3 internal pips! :flThese are due tomorrow so starting to get excited! I did find one that looked like a late quitter.:hit

I want to see some fluffy babies... I'm still waiting for mine 😩 feels like I've been waiting forever and the worse part is I think they're the eggs I've been wanting to hatch since I got my polish. She's my favorite bird ever even though she's a wild thing
in my very limited experience breeding a polish to a non crested breed will result in what I would call a half fluff... meaning that it has a half crest like a crested legbar?? they are cute!
20200219_111601.jpg
here is one we hatched in jan

I sell my mixed chicks for $5-$10 it depends. I'd sell a POL Pullet for $15-$25. I've never had a chicken last to the POL though because everyone always buys all the chicks.

I'm scared to go into TSC because I think they might have chicks 😂 I'm going to try to avoid them.
Oops! I went into Murdoch's for a meeting day before yesterday. Went back yesterday to pick up just 2 whiting true blues( they had the gray ones like the one that i had that passed away) yeah 11 chicks later. Wait I have around 100 chicks, ducks and turkeys in brooders at home??? Oh and Over 100 eggs incubating. Sigh I have IT bad.
But we picked up 3 true blues, 2 partridge rocks, 2 cream legbars, 1 pear leghorn, 2 necked necks, and a dark brahma. Should add some different colors to my flock.

I'm not allowed to buy birds. I have enough and can make more with what I have. I did trade for fresh legbar cockerels, however, because my legbars have been almost closed flock for 7 years and I need fresh blood. I sell most of what I hatch. Otherwise they can't generate enough revenue to pay for their feed. And yeah, POL pullets go for 20-25 dollars. And chicks 5-10 dollars.

Can you answer me something?

If a Polish and a sebright have offspring, what combs will they have?
Sebrights have a rose comb. Polish are said to have a small V shaped comb. Rose combs like Pea combs are dominant traits so it is likely the offspring will have rose combs. However, if the V shaped comb is also a dominant trait, it will be something that is not either. An example is that Pea combs and Rose Combs are dominant so when one gene of each is present, it creates a Walnut comb.

The other thing is that crests can alter the normal appearance of a comb.

ok silly ducks finally have external pips... either I can't count or the incubator is running a little low???

kept hearing cheeping this morning... checked the babies in the brooders, nope they looked ok, checked the nr360, nope no duckies running around yet. what the ???:barnie
got to listening and it was coming from the cabinet incubator!! :th
we had some Necked neck eggs that we thought we had mislabeled and they were hatching in the turners in the cabinet incubator:lau
2 had escaped and were running around the bottom the others were still in the turners either almost out or just sitting there. So we quickly moved that set of eggs into the nr360 with the duck eggs and now we wait for them to finish hatching.... wow

Back
Top Bottom