Acres Poultry hatching thread with aliciaplus3!

Pics
We pay $60 for a Thanksgiving turkey. There are no Thanksgiving turkey promotions in my area I don't think.
I have never seen a grocery store that doesn't put turkeys on sale for Thanksgiving. Many around here even offer a free turkey with the purchase of x amount of dollars of groceries.

Congrats on your little turkey's hatching @aliciaplus3 I have to say that you are a bigger hatch-a-holic than I am. :gigI plan on slowing down on that a little bit this year, but I will sell the hatching egg's from my NN flock locally.
I LOVE watching them go from a carefully selected breeding pen to collecting eggs, setting them and watching what hatches! I plan to keep going till maybe April? (ok I have a hard time shutting the incubator off)

20200217_113741.jpg
came home for lunch 6 black turkeys now running around the incubator with 4 or so still talking in their shells. I do see at least3 external pips on duck eggs. Nothing to report on the necked necks, maybe by the time I get off work?

I have never seen a grocery store that doesn't put turkeys on sale for Thanksgiving. Many around here even offer a free turkey with the purchase of x amount of dollars of groceries.
I got a turkey that way last Thanksgiving, I started rummaging through the smaller turkey area because I thought it was the ones for free.... and then a lady worker said the big ones are over there so I quickly trotted over and grabbed a huge one, but this other lady said it was her's! So she elbowed me out of the way, sad frown on my face and all, I continued my search for the biggest turkey I could find. Finally found one, it made for a tasty meal..... or should I say, meals.

Back
Top Bottom