Acting odd

CEO

Songster
Jun 14, 2021
Today one of my chickens were in the nesting box ALL DAY. Finally I thought she was brooding so I collected the eggs then she didn’t sit there, but she perched and was lethargic. Eventually I gave her some treats and she started to get back to normal. Any idea if this is normal? Also just to let you know she might have been laying soft shelled eggs.

Lethargy is not normal.

Did she expel and egg? She may be having trouble expelling a soft shelled egg, if this has been going on for a while.
Make sure she's hydrated and give her 1 Caltrate once a day for 3-5 days.

What do you feed including treats, do you provide oyster, how old is she?

Lethargy is not normal.

Did she expel and egg? She may be having trouble expelling a soft shelled egg, if this has been going on for a while.

She is 2 years old and has oyster shells available 24/7. She is on Purina oyster strong layer crumble. The thing is I’m not 100% sure the shell less eggs are from her, but she’s had a problem like that in the past.

Lethargy is not normal.

Would you guess that it’s her?

Not sure if this is important but her poop also looked weird

Attachments

• 3B17BF09-9813-4779-95A6-D3248F21DD04.jpeg
    3B17BF09-9813-4779-95A6-D3248F21DD04.jpeg
    525.3 KB · Views: 1
She is 2 years old and has oyster shells available 24/7. She is on Purina oyster strong layer crumble. The thing is I’m not 100% sure the shell less eggs are from her, but she’s had a problem like that in the past.

Would you guess that it’s her?
I wouldn't be able to say it's her 100% either, but with your observation that she's acting lethargic, it would be a good guess that it is her.

I would make sure her crop is emptying overnight. Get some calcium into and see to it that she's eating/drinking.

Back
Top Bottom