Ad Blocker

berniezahm

Songster
11 Years
Oct 24, 2008
Is it correct that ad block only works with Chrome and Fire Fox browsers? Another words, it does not work with the most commonly used web browser, Internet Explorer? Maybe I just don't know how to work the ad block. Need some help. I didn't see any mention of it in the FAQs. Thanks.

Found it! Click "MY Profile" tab at top of page. When your profile comes up then click on "Edit Account Details" in the top right corner of the first box just below your Name and Title. Then scroll down to the bottom of the Acount Details box. The last title listed in brown is "Advertising Preference" check the "turn off Advertising" and click save. The Ads go away but it does not get rid of the "Reviews" on the right side of the dialog boxes.

Did they change this already? I went to my profile and hit the button. The list that comes up ends with forum preferences. I see nothing about advertising.

sad.png

Rusty

Did they change this already? I went to my profile and hit the button. The list that comes up ends with forum preferences. I see nothing about advertising.

sad.png

Rusty
Rusty,
I just checked, it is still there:
1. Just click on the 'my ptofile" tab at the top of the BYC Home screen.
2. Then on the next screen just below your name and title bar all the way to the right of the box is a bar labled "Edit Account Details" click that bar.
3. On the next screen scroll all the way down to the last brown lettered heading "Advertising Preference" check the "Turn off Advertising" box and click the blue SAVE button. Your done.

Hope this helps.
smile.png

Quote:

Sadly, there is no Advertising Preference on my list. But that is okay. I added AdBlocker to my Firefox and it has blocked all the advertising. Next I have to figure out how to program AdBlocker to delete that far right column inside the threads. But I don't have it anywhere else anymore, so I can live with it the way it is if necessary. The whole site has so much less clutter now.

Rusty

Last edited:
adblocker might not remove those since they appear to be built into the site itself. A lot of forums are going to that kind of advertising so that you CAN'T block it. It allows them to get $$.

adblocker might not remove those since they appear to be built into the site itself. A lot of forums are going to that kind of advertising so that you CAN'T block it. It allows them to get $$.

All of it is removable if you use AdBlock and Chrome. Firefox can only block the ads, not the right bar.

From what I have read, the option to block ads from your profile is ONLY available if you are a platinum member. (MAYBE also golden feather, but I don't think so). Any other ad blocking for us common guys has to be done by your browser.

Personally I don't begrudge them their ads, but I sure wish they'd get rid of the darn useless, annoying reviews. What purpose do they serve. Is ANYONE interested or is it just me?

Back
Top Bottom