Ad Blocker

From what I have read, the option to block ads from your profile is ONLY available if you are a platinum member. (MAYBE also golden feather, but I don't think so). Any other ad blocking for us common guys has to be done by your browser.

Personally I don't begrudge them their ads, but I sure wish they'd get rid of the darn useless, annoying reviews. What purpose do they serve. Is ANYONE interested or is it just me?

Ads can be turned off as a GFM, but at the moment they won't let GFM turn off the reviews. And no, I haven't seen one person say they liked the reviews. :p

From what I have read, the option to block ads from your profile is ONLY available if you are a platinum member. (MAYBE also golden feather, but I don't think so). Any other ad blocking for us common guys has to be done by your browser.

Personally I don't begrudge them their ads, but I sure wish they'd get rid of the darn useless, annoying reviews. What purpose do they serve. Is ANYONE interested or is it just me?
Golden Feather members have a choice to block the ads from within the BYC site:
Found it! Click "MY Profile" tab at top of page. When your profile comes up then click on "Edit Account Details" in the top right corner of the first box just below your Name and Title. Then scroll down to the bottom of the Acount Details box. The last title listed in brown is "Advertising Preference" check the "turn off Advertising" and click save. The Ads go away but it does not get rid of the "Reviews" on the right side of the dialog boxes.

If you follow these directions you can block the Ads (Platinum and Gold members only), but not the Reviews.

Install Chrome and the add on app Ad Blocker and apparently you can block the advertisements and the Reviews both regardless of your BYC membership status.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom