Add Me to the List of Crazies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JPinVT, Feb 9, 2011.

1. JPinVT

JPinVT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Vermont
    I just ordered 25 chicks today, to arrive March 20-23. That's not the crazy part though... see, my husband and I are buying our first house on Feb 25, then going on vacation across the country Feb 27-March 11, then we have to move into the new house and get settled in before the new chicks arrive. That's plenty of time, though, right? RIGHT?!?! *panic attack*

2. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    You are officially added. The list is getting REALLY long. [​IMG] It's not crazy. You're just smashing 6 months worth of fun into 1!

3. KimM

KimM Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2011
    I think it'll be fine. Busy, but fine. The chicks don't take up much time at all- just a few minutes a day really to clean/feed/water. By far the vast majority of the time they take up will be standing over the brooder admiring them. [​IMG] Good luck, and congrats!

4. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Quote:Yup long and distinguished list I like to think. [​IMG] Sounds like things will be pretty hectic for March and April. Just wait until you buy that incubator you've had your eye on and that is when it gets crazy and chicken math expands exponentially [​IMG]

5. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    I agree with dsqard. [​IMG] You aren't crazy yet. Just you wait until those hectic little chicks grow up and aren't so fuzzy anymore....your brain will immediately tell you to buy an incubator to increase the cuteness...and thus another chicken crazy is born [​IMG] And your chickens number increase from 5 to 50 in a mere matter of hatches... [​IMG]

6. AnaD

AnaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    N. Ca
    Well, a brooder is easy to set up. Took me an hour.
    A coop isn't too hard to get together either. Building from scraps, it took me and my BF two weeks and $100.
    Good luck. waiting is the worst part anyway. Seems like you'll be too busy to think much about it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by