Add Me to the List of Crazies

JPinVT

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Vermont
I just ordered 25 chicks today, to arrive March 20-23. That's not the crazy part though... see, my husband and I are buying our first house on Feb 25, then going on vacation across the country Feb 27-March 11, then we have to move into the new house and get settled in before the new chicks arrive. That's plenty of time, though, right? RIGHT?!?! *panic attack*

You are officially added. The list is getting REALLY long.
big_smile.png
It's not crazy. You're just smashing 6 months worth of fun into 1!

I think it'll be fine. Busy, but fine. The chicks don't take up much time at all- just a few minutes a day really to clean/feed/water. By far the vast majority of the time they take up will be standing over the brooder admiring them.
smile.png
Good luck, and congrats!

Quote:
Yup long and distinguished list I like to think.
wink.png
Sounds like things will be pretty hectic for March and April. Just wait until you buy that incubator you've had your eye on and that is when it gets crazy and chicken math expands exponentially
lau.gif

I agree with dsqard.
tongue.png
You aren't crazy yet. Just you wait until those hectic little chicks grow up and aren't so fuzzy anymore....your brain will immediately tell you to buy an incubator to increase the cuteness...and thus another chicken crazy is born
lau.gif
And your chickens number increase from 5 to 50 in a mere matter of hatches...
gig.gif

Well, a brooder is easy to set up. Took me an hour.
A coop isn't too hard to get together either. Building from scraps, it took me and my BF two weeks and $100.
Good luck. waiting is the worst part anyway. Seems like you'll be too busy to think much about it!

Back
Top Bottom